Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Scholarly Storage

My latest obsession: Finding an antique library card catalog in which I can store odds and ends. They're so charming and can be quite beautiful. Not to mention all of the items you can store in them.

This blogger suggested that you can sometimes find them for sale on a neat site called GovDeals. Wow, who knows what else you could find here for neat decorating ideas from old school lockers to playground equipment. Of course I've already scoured craigslist and eBay and just might have to take a roadtrip to pick one up I saw in Pennsylvania. Nevermind that it's $750! I guess I'll keep looking.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Cool post. I enjoyed reading the blog about all the things you can do with a card catalog, from storing wine to kitchen spices. The restored one was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!