Sunday, July 6, 2008

July 4th Weekend



The holiday at Water Taxi Beach was amazing. Great atmosphere, decent hot dogs, and though the potato salad left something to be desired, it couldn't have been a better view for the fireworks. The show lasted nearly 30 minutes with everybody oohing and aahing and Eva and I had a good time catching up.

I'm thinking about joining the Sebago Canoe Club in Brooklyn. After two weeks in Vermont, where I learned to kayak on Echo Lake in Camp Plymouth State Park, I've fallen in love with it and am happy to learn I may be able to continue kayaking in the city, even at a reasonable price!

Went for lunch at this vegan place in Park Slope -- am I granola or what? It was shockingly good. Who knew vegans eat lasagna and paninis?

Tomorrow, it's back to the grind. I need to call Australia, French Polynesia, Nicaragua, and Indonesia. What a strange life!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Great idea to join a kayak club...you should definitely keep it up if you enjoy it!! Are you becoming an outdoors-woman?