Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Squid mania

In case you didn't know, I'm a giant squid freak. That's why I was morbidly fascinated by this video of a giant squid dissection in front of a live audience. Gross, but it's so great to be reminded that the stuff of legend actually does exist.

On a somewhat related note, according to an interesting article by the AP, another creature of lore, the yeti, a sasquatch-like creature, is losing its place in the cultural memory. As the once-isolated nation of Bhutan modernizes rapidly, legends like the yeti are no longer as central to the belief system. I say the yeti lives! And the abominable snowman, too. Good thing we still have our squid!

1 comment:

Kat said...

WOW! What a great video...wish I could have been in the audience. Although, I'm not sure how great that thing would smell. And, I'm with you, who says the yeti is dying? Cheers to all the yetis out there!