Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Random tidbits

Went to lunch yesterday with two lovely people from the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office . We had delicious Chinese food in midtown and I learned about a sport they have there called "river tracing," where you wade in the clear water and hike a stream or a river to its origin. ... They've also got gorgeous, little-known islands in the south China Sea called the Penghu Archipelago. It looks beautiful and under the radar. I'm trying to scheme my way over there.


I also want to take a wild food and ecology tour through Central Park with "Wildman" Steve Brill who goes foraging for edible plants (sassafras, mustrard greens, mint, field garlic). According to his Web site, he was arrested in 1986 for eating a dandelion.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Totally bizarre! Only in New York would someone give a tour of edible plants in a park! Although, it does sound like fun. I've never tried a dandylion!! By the way, I totally think you should scam your way over to Taiwan ASAP. I love to hear all your stories about the exotic places you've been.

Kat said...

as you can see, i had NO idea how to spell "dandelion"...oops!